Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions. KAD will ask all new clients to email us with confirmation of their acceptance in full and also remind existing clients to familiarise themselves with the content.
Knight Architectural Design Ltd (referred to as KAD) is the trading name of Ian Knight and subsequent employees.
- Instructions can be received in writing and by email. Verbal instruction, in person or by telephone conversation must be confirmed by email or writing at the earliest opportunity.
- However, entering into dialogue (written or verbal) shall be taken as an acceptance of a contractual relationship with a client. Similarly, non-challenged accounts within 7 days will be deemed acceptance of payment terms.
- The registered office is 66 Botley Road, Park Gate, Southampton, SO31 1BB and KAD registration is 07945479.
- The trading address is 7 The Quaterdeck, Port Solent, Portsmouth, PO6 4TP.
- KAD provides an affordable architectural service that aims to exceed client expectation but please be aware that time estimates should be read simultaneously with hourly rates for any fair comparison with other similar companies. KAD provides a qualified, experienced and insured service – which should be considered if seeking cost comparisons.
- Normal practice is to provide services at a given hourly rate (provided on request). A quotation or estimate does not constitute a contractual offer and may be altered or withdrawn without notice.
- Estimates provided without a prior site visit, can be revised once work commences (on request).
- Hourly quotes include admin, travel, survey, design and CAD.
- All fees include VAT at the rate of the day of delivery. VAT registration No. 132295527.
- Domestic clients need to be aware that KAD primarily works with corporate clients. To this end, time commitments are prioritised but all possible notice will be given.
- As a guide (but subject to variations) residential clients will be visited within 7 days of initial request, with subsequent plans within 10 days. Following client sign-off, progression to statutory consents is aimed at a further 5 days.
- Repeat business clients can expect an appointment (following request) within 5 days and works returned within a further 5 days.
Price and Payment:
- Payment in full is due 14 days from date of invoice. With domestic projects we tend to invoice once planning consent has been applied for.
- BACs payment is preferred, please include invoice reference details on payment. All payments should be made to ‘Knight Architectural Design Ltd’– Lloyds (Bitterne) 30.90.86 00914637”
- 5% will be added monthly for late payment and any queries must be emailed within 7 days of issue.
- Urgent turnaround night-time and or weekend works specifically requested will be charged at the quoted rate +50%. Please be aware of this when stating your timescales in your request.
- Please note, KAD does not offer ‘no win – no fee’ and cannot guarantee any schemes will obtain planning consent.
Loss or damage:
- All drawings produced must not be used for purposes other than that for which they are provided.
- Drawings are supplied without liability for any errors or omissions and for the avoidance of doubt, we wish to clarify that all designs and costings derived from them are subject only to all reasonable skill and care.
- Drawings should not be scaled – using stated dimension only. All dimensions should be checked on site.
- Designs are subject to statutory approval.
- Any variation on site from the supplied plans should be notified to KAD.
- Structural walls should only be removed after contractors own structural satisfactory advice is obtained.
- Plans derived from supplied data to be specifically checked for accuracy.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation; loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss or damage, any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use of, data, arising out of, or in connection with the use of this web site.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude KADs liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act "UCTA" 1977), fraud, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- KAD carries professional indemnity insurance to the value of £1m each and £2m public liability insurance.
- KAD is not responsible for the content or reliability of any web site to which it is linked and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking to or from this web site should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability or content of the linked pages.
Reservation of title:
- All written or drawn output from KAD is protected under copyright and at no time should any portion be reproduced or copied without the express written permission of KAD.
- Ordnance Survey details used within plans are under O.S. license No. 100047482.
- The names, images and logos displayed on this web site together with the text, graphics, images and all other intellectual property displayed on this site, are the proprietary material of K.A.D. and/or third parties. Copying any of this material is not permitted without prior approval from the owner of the relevant intellectual property rights. Requests for such approval should be directed to [email protected].
- KAD reserves the right to charge for appointments cancelled without 24 hours notice.
- KAD reserves the right to pass on the charges incurred if public transport is booked, but the appointment is cancelled.
KAD reserves the right to change or amend these web site terms and conditions.